The MCAI MEDIA PRO CAMP is an all day conference on Saturday June 20 for professionals working in every aspect of every media. It's intensely productive and noted for quality networking. This is a first on the west coast and it's FREE!
MediaProCamp is an open series of roundtable discussions on any subject YOU Choose with multiple breakout sessions every half hour or so. An ad hoc schedule of topics will dominate the day, with interactivity between all of the participants guaranteeing a powerful experience. Bring your personal expertise (everybody contributes) and plenty of questions. Laptops are useful but optional. You can create a topic for discussion and form a group... or sit in on any group/any topic you choose.
The event's organizers are members of the MCAI LA/OC Chapter. We've created the MediaProCamp to bring together many various disciplines of media in one day-long brainstorming event. There'll be plenty of coffee in the AM and plenty of networking. Lunch is included thanks to our sponsors. The main focus is cross pollination of great ideas! We're booking well known experts (see below) from various media to help facilitate discussions about their fields--but not to lecture! Remember this is a free-flowing, participant-driven share-fest for professionals.
If you work in film, television, radio, print, internet, cable, mobile entertainment, games, audio or video for business YOU need to be at MediaProCamp!
SPACE IS LIMITED! This is for professionals who strive to be the best. Share your knowledge and experience and gain from the knowledge and experience of other top media pros! There is nothing else like it in So Cal!
Oh, did we mention that it's FREE? (yeah, so be nice to the sponsors!) Because space is limited, Organizers reserve the right to reject any applicants.
TO REGISTER FOR MEDIA PRO CAMP GO TO THE MCAI MEETUP GROUP WEBSITE:
Presented by Media Communications Association International Los Angeles/Orange County Chapter
Sponsorships Available! Influence important Media Leaders!
Levels: $100, $250. Sponsors at the $250 level may bring product displays & hand outs.
OUR CURRENT SPONSORS:
- Adobe Systems
- All-In-One-Truck Kelly Herrin
- Brian Page/Vocal Images, 714-404-7591
- Creative Media Recording
- Electric Pictures
- Fast Forward Video
- Julie Nagode, Voice-Overs, 949-589-1999
- Media Magic
- Orange County Film Commission
- TodoCast, Inc.
- Tina Wilson, VO & Vocal Artist
- Twin Oaks Communications
Special Guest Facilitators
- Marcelo Lewin, FounderPixelHeadsNetwork
- Rob Brambila, EngineerPromax
- Philip Hodgetts
- Bruce Nazarian "The DVD Guy"
- James Mathers, Pres. DIgital Cinema Society
- Mark Pavlovich, talent agent, CTA
- Janice Arrington Orange County Film Commissioner
- ASC -American Society of Cinematographers
Schedule(tentative--remember participants run the show!)
- 9:00- 9:30am Register and Networking (coffee, etc)
- 9:30 to 9:45 Introductions / determine topics & groups
- 9:45 Sessions Begin (as many as 10 small groups meet at a time)
- Regroup with new topics aprox every :30 to :45 minutes
- 11:45 Break for Lunch and networking
- 12:30 Afternoon Sessions Begin
- 4:00 pm Sessions End
- Dole out Doorprizes, etc & event evaluation
- 4:30 head home wiser and happier
Just a few of the Possible Topics (Remember: actual content is determined by participants)
- pre-pro planning
- location filming in OC
- distributing on the web
- how to get VO work
- picking your crew
- press releases & promotion
- marketing yourself as a business
- new lighting techniques
- pick your format
- post production
- select your software
- best ways to sell your dvd
- broadcast?- PBS- Cable- Internet
- going viral the easy way
- Web Distro- how to make money
- From Aquisition to the Web: making it pretty and making it accessible
- Going Mobile: New Distribution Models for the Wherever/Whenever Generation